The Angkor Empire Marathon 06 August 2017
The Khmer Empire- known as ancient Cambodia was the most powerful Empire in Southeast Asia.
The Angkor as the central area of settlement of the Kingdom of Khmer from the 9th to the 13th centuries. Which was the symbol of the ancient civilization of Khmere people and also revealed as the largest pre-industrial urban center in the world.
The Angkor Empire Marathon will offer an exceptional opportunity for all runners around the world to experience the ancient course in the area of World heritage through nearly 40 ancient temples along the pretty smooth road race which almost cut through the national forest and rice field of villagers .
The 3rd Angkor Empire Marathon has happened on 07 August 2016 with more than 2,300 runners from 46 countries, the 4th Angkor Empire Marathon will be hold on 06 August 2017 in the ancient city of Angkor Empire State of the last 11th century with expected 3,000 runners. the runners of this race have got the unique experience with the ancient atmosphere and natural scenery along the road race through forest rice fields , traditional villages and ancients temples in the heart of Angkor Era.
The Cambodian Events Organizer team with national and international organizations would like to invite all professional and amateur runners around the world come to participate this exceptional marathon event to show the ultimate friendship and kind support to disabled people and poor children in Cambodia.
We are waiting for offering you all the most warmly welcome and the best arrangement for your beautiful race in the area of ancient Khmer Civilization.
Best wishes to all lovely runners!
The 4th Angkor Empire Full Marathon will be hold on 06th August, 2017
- Race Venue : In front of Angkor Wat temple – Siem Reap Province
Race Schedule for (Sunday) 6th August 2017:
|10km Road Race
|03km Fun Run
Notice: All participants should arrive at the start and finish line 30mn before the start time.
Access to Running Course:
From the Siem Reap town to the Angkor Wat temple (start point) around 6km .It takes 20 minutes by Motor Remoque (Tuk Tuk) and 15minutes by Taxi or Bus. All participants of Angkor Wat International Half Marathon must arrive the event place at least 30minutes before the starting time.
Benefits for all runners
AEM committee will provide Finisher-Medal for 42Km, 21km & 10km for completed runners at Finishing area, and Running Certificate for 3km completed runners after the race. Free Foods & drinks will be served at the Finish Area.
Refreshments & other set up along the course :
- Every 2km the water station is set up for delivering water and electrolyte drinks to all runners. Some water stations also serve banana together with drinks.
- Check point for the Bib tag timing was set up at Angkor Thom (for 42Km at west of Banteay Samre) and near Angkor Wat area.
- Every distance of 1Km or 2Km on the running course will be marked by a sign board on the right side of the road.
The record will be posted in the Cambodia Events Organizer website 1 day after the event.
In December, Dry Season 18-28.C (80-95.F)
Angkor Empire Full Marathon is flat course with ancient tree along the course.There are around 17 ancient temples along the course. The runners can enjoy to take photos during running. It is unique course inside the world heritage area.
* Minority who participates in Kids race need the guardian’s signature on the Waver Clause at the final confirmation site (Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference)
If you couldn’t come to pick up your race pack during final confirmation date, you should make a letter attached with your confirmation sheet pass it to your relation so they could pick up instead of you.
The registration after the deadline from 11 July will not be accepted.
Registration Fee & Time
||Foreigner 01 Jan - 30 Jun, 17
||Foreigner 01 - 11 Jul, 17
||Cambodian Now - 11 Jul, 17
|10km Road Race
|03km Family Run
T-shirt size measurement
||44.5cm x 60cm
||52cm x 70cm
||49.cm x 65cm
||54.5cm x 75cm
** The Event organizer will do its best to provide you with T-shirt size ordered. However, if the T-shirt sizes run out, the Event Organizer will provide you with the best available size.
Registration method :
I. Online Registration ( for oversea runners )
We have many types of race items including International Half Marathon which is acknowledged of IAAF and AIMS. Please try your corresponding category.
Online-Registration for WorldWide Runners, there are two links for selection:
- Registration (Payment in Thai Baht) : Registration Link
- Registration (Payment in USD) : Registration Link
II. Onsite Registration ( for runners living in Cambodia )
The registration form can be downloaded in 2 versions:
-In English (Foreigner who are resident in Cambodia)
- In Cambodian ( for Cambodian people )
** Please print and complete the above registration form and submit them together with the payment at our registration offices located at:
- Phnom Penh: Cambodian Events Organizer
79 C, St. 155, Sangkat Toul Tompong I, Chamcar Mon Dist, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel:(855)23-213 525 Mobile:(855)15 213 525 | (855)10 606 051 | (855)87 665 569
E-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Siem Reap: Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference
National Road 6, Airport Road, Siem Reap, Kingdom of Cambodia
Tel:(855)63-964 999 Mobile:(855)95-802 789 | (855)15-401 012
** All expatriate participants should go to representative office of AEM Committee registration office (PNH & REP) as mention above to fill in application form and payment with special rate.
Course Inspection (Saturday) 05 August, 2017
||Saturday August 05, 2017
||Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference
||USD20/pax (limited 200pax)
||1st: 0900am & 2nd: 1030am
||Accompany by English Speaking Guide, 01 bottle fresh water and cool tissue
Dinner Party (Saturday) 05 August, 2017
||Saturday August 05, 2017
||Apsara Angkor Resort & Conference
||USD30/Adult & USD15/Kids *under 12yrs* (limited 400pax)
||1830PM - 2030PM
||Buffet dinner style, Cambodian traditional dance show, 1 soft drink
** All registration-fees of Course Inspection and Dinner Party are non-refundable and non-transferable!
The race entry included:
- Race registration and running number
- Pre-race souvenir packs ( Bib tag, singlet, etc.)
- Commemorative finisher's medal
- Trophies and medals for top three overall.
- Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10 Km Road Race participants will use the timing Bib tag.
Registration Deadline & Race Kit collection:
- On 11 Jul, 2017 at 17:00 (Cambodia Time)
- Online-registration will not accepted for late participants after deadline
- Onsite registration is based on our availability with limited spaces at Race Kit exposition which located Apsara Angkor Resort between on 04 - 05 August, 2017
- You will be registered immediately upon we had received the payment in our bank account and please send us the bank slip of payment after you transferred it.
- The bank charges incurred by transfer must be paid by the participants.Entry fees are not deducted from amount remitted (The runner must cover both service fee).
- Online registration will close on 11 Jul 2017 (23:59, Thailand & Singapore Time)
- Entry is non-refundable
- Entry is non-transferable to another competitor
- Entry is non-transferable to next year’s competition or other events
- Change of race distance: You are required to pay the difference between the applicable fee at the time of change and the fee you originally paid if fee for new race distance is higher (No refund if fee for new distance is lower), It is accepted before the deadline and the changing race should be endured the extra admin fee of USD 20 ).
- The completed form of group list would be send it at least two weeks (14days) before deadline
- Make sure that you have read and understand the Race Rules
The finisher medal will be provided at the finished line.
Package Tour for The 4th Angkor Empire Full Marathon 2017
Easy Package for The 4th Angkor Empire Full Marathon 2017
- Price not included peak season
- Price not included compulsory Gala dinner on 24-Dec & 31 Dec -2017
>> More Tour Click Here
Tel : (+855)23 213 525 | H/P: (+855)10 606 051 / (+855)87 665 569
Email : email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org